Listen To The Music Without Hearing The Room
Acoustic Fields’ product line focuses on absorption and diffusion products in your listening rooms, home theaters, and professional recording studios. Acoustic Fields’ products are unique in many ways as independently tested and verified by world renowned Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories.
The Acoustic Fields Team
The acoustic engineering team is led by me, Dennis Foley. I am an acoustic engineer with over 30 years’ experience in the business. My technology has been used in Electric Lady Land Studios, Sony Music of New York, Cello Music and Films founded by Mark Levinson, and Saltmines Studios in Mesa, Arizona, along with hundreds of others.
Acoustic Fields are the premier solution
to the acoustic problems in your studio.
3 Very Unique Acoustic Solutions
As such, we really have 3 very unique solutions, which I’ll explain in more depth over the coming pages.
1. The first is our low frequency activated carbon bass absorbers which can be built into your walls or be placed in your room as free standing units. More about these later.
2. Secondly we have our acoustic foam which has smooth absorption curves and is wonderful for music and voice. It’s a lot more dense than common foams and I a refrain I often hear from customers runs along the lines of “I’ve never felt foam like this before”.
3. Finally we have created an industry first by marrying our low frequency activated carbon technology with the time tested process of quadratic diffusion. This tool solves two important acoustical problems in one unit.
So how did this story begin and how did we solve small room acoustic problems? Well it all started with a great opportunity I could not pass up…
How did I get to where I am today?
I was fortunate to become a partner in a real estate development firm that was concerned with building high-end office buildings. Now, when I say high-end, I really mean really high end. We had to have very quiet rooms; some of the walls were twelve to fourteen inches thick. Doctors, lawyers, things like that, they wanted me to design rooms that made them stand out, so that when people walked into the rooms, they would immediately be taken by the acoustics of the room and obviously that was a big selling point.
We tried a lot of things that were in the marketplace but I could never find anything that was really acceptable especially in the low frequency absorption end. If we were using our room for music, we needed low frequency control. Obviously if it was just a conference room we were using it for voice and so we needed middle and high frequency control.
Building Class A Office Buildings
So I was given a team of eight guys, a $2 million budget and eight years for me to figure all the solutions out. I bought three homes with the money. The middle home was the home that we used as our testing facility and we would build rooms of different dimensions, using different materials and then measure them. Extensive vibration and structural testing was performed along with a vast array of acoustical issues such as reverberation, first reflection time signatures, modal pressures and a host of others. We would then tear the rooms apart on an almost daily basis. We built different sized rooms that would resemble the rooms that we were going to be building in the office complexes. In all we built about four thousand offices over a ten year period. So from that we amassed a data base of over a hundred different rooms of different sizes that were actually physically built and measured.
So, without being too boastful here, I could probably say that we have a room that’s really close to the room that you’re in and I can pull it up on the screen and know exactly what kind of issues you’re faced with because I’ve built that room and treated the issues that you have. There is no substitute for practical, in the field experience, over textbook learning and running with the problems to the point where they ran out of gas and new designs emerged. The current trends were relevant but there were better ways to achieve that delicate room structure and function balance that comes from obtaining just the correct rigidity to flexibility ratio.
Why Acoustic Fields?
1. Low Frequency Bass Absorbers
First, our low frequency bass absorbers absorb at rates and levels never before achieved in freestanding units. Bass issues in your room can now, finally be addressed with our unique, activated carbon (charcoal) bass absorbers. This technology took 18 years to develop and can now be installed in a new construction or remodel situation. You can now turn your whole studio wall into a bass absorber, with no need to have numerous freestanding units sitting in your room.
- Our ACDA-12 unit absorbs low frequency energy in large amounts and at the frequencies that 95% of small rooms have problems with which means that your bass notes will have a definition and clarity you have never heard before.
- The ACDA-12 absorbs low frequency energy starting at 30 Hz. and absorbs 63% at 40 Hz. and 100 % at 50 Hz ensuring that your bass and drums will have new attack and decay, that will allow you to hear every note played, without all the bass and drums smeared together.
- The ACDA-12 has high rates and levels of absorption to handle your “bass boom” which means that room modes can now be handled with powerful, “bass sponges” that have the strength necessary to eliminate “boom”.
- These unprecedented low frequency absorption results, which you can see here, as independently verified by Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories, ensure you will experience a game changing audio experience and hear music like you never thought possible! Listen to your music, without hearing your room…To hear it is to believe it!
- Our ACDA-10 unit is a broadband absorber which starts at 30 Hz. and goes through 200 Hz ensuring every problematic frequency in your small room can now be treated with one type of unit.
- The ACDA-10 absorbs an average of 20% across this frequency range which means that by absorbing all problematic frequencies at the same average level, you can absorb in a more musical way by taking a little from each frequency.
- The ACDA-10 is designed for all your room types. All rooms need absorption in this frequency range and these units ensure predictable and consistent performance. Tuning your room is now so much easier than ever before!
- The ACDA-10 independently verified test results conducted by Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories can be seen here.
ACDA-12 Absorption Performance Chart
ACDA-10 Absorption Performance Chart
2. The Acoustic Fields Foam Technology
Our proprietary foam technology took eight years to develop and its impetus came from 20 years of building and designing upper scale office buildings. The following graphs show how it out performs the competition in the ranges that matter most!
- There is no foam technology that has a smoother absorbing curve and which works so well with both your voice and music.
- By absorbing more energy in the 125 Hz. – 250 Hz. range than traditional foams do, you will enjoy more definition, separation, and clarity to your mid range vocals and instruments.
- With this increased rate of absorption, a smoother absorption curve is created. It is that smoothness that is your key to better mid ranges in your recording and listening rooms.
We absorb more lower frequencies. And our foam absorbs in a smooth gradual way
all the way up to 1,000 Hz. so your vocals are smooth and not over absorbed/deadened.
Our products and technology are real solutions to your room acoustical issues. So give me a call on 520 – 392 – 9486 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free no obligations consultation or fill out our free room acoustic analysis form so I can see the dimensions of your room and advise you of the issues you are facing and how we can look to fix them.
When we speak I will ask you some questions about your room(s) so I can work out how to address your issues and then list them in terms of priority and how we can create the largest sonic impact. Our office hours are Monday through Saturday 8AM to 6PM Mountain Time Zone and we have a dedicated answering service outside of these hours so your call will always receive priority attention.
I look forward to helping resolve your room acoustic issues once and for all!